For more information on Adventure Therapy, please visit the following related sites:
- Wilderness Research Center
- James Neill – collected information on adventure therapy
- Lee Gillis – professor and researcher
We highly recommend the following resources for continued education on adventure therapy.
- Ajango, Deb. (2005). Lessons Learned II: Using Case Studies and History to Improve Safety Education. Eagle River, AK: SafetyEd.
- Bandaroff, Scott & Newes, Sandra, (Eds.) (2004). Coming of Age: The Evolving Field of Adventure Therapy. Boulder, CO: Association for Experiential Education.
- Itin, Christian. (1998). Exploring the Boundaries of Adventure Therapy, International Perspectives: Proceedings of the 1st International Adventure Therapy Conference: Perth, Australia. Boulder, CO: Association for Experiential Education.
- Louv, Richard. (2006). Last Child in the Woods: Saving Our Children from Nature-Deficit disorder. Chapel Hill, NC: Algonquin books of Chapel Hill.
- Priest, Simon & Gass, Michael. (2005). Effective Leadership in Adventure Programming, 2nd Edition. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.
- Richards, K., & Smith, B., (Eds.), Therapy Within Adventure: Proceedings of the Second International Adventure Therapy Conference. Augsburg, Germany: ZIEL.
- Rohnke, Karl. (1984). Silver Bullets: A Guide to Initiative Problems, Adventure Games and Trust Activities. A Project Adventure publication in cooperation with Kendall/Hunt Publishing Company; Dubuque, IA
- Schoel, Jim & Maizell, Richard. (2002). **Exploring Islands of Healing: New Perspectives on Adventure Based Counseling. Beverly, MA: Project Adventure.
- Gass, Michael. (1993). Adventure Therapy: Therapeutic Applications of Adventure Programming. Kendall/Hunt Publishing Company; Dubuque, IA
Thank you to our Partners!
We hope you’ll check out their websites – they do great work!
Over the years we have provided programs for the following local nonprofit organizations:
- Alternatives, Inc
- Association House
- Center on Halsted
- Chicago Freedom School
- Chicago Inspiring Connections Outdoors
- Communities in Schools
- Family Focus
- I Grow Chicago
- Jones Prep High School
- The Latin School
- Project Choice
- Project Impact
- Summer in the City
- The Night Ministry
- The Youth Campus
- Urban Life Skills
- Universidad Popular
- Youth Guidance
Over the years the following outdoor outfitters have shared their time, space, and resources to help us provide programming: